Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I feel like such a unredeemable failure

"I got hired out of grad school, only to be fired five months later. Now I get some work as a freelancer (I do video production). Money comes in in fits and starts, and I'm continually searching for part time work to fill the gap.

But I feel so ashamed of myself to not be making more money. I live at home, and don't have much overhead (which my parents constantly remind me of). This only makes me feel worse. I want to be on my own. I want to be making enough so I can live on my own and pay my own bills, and be able to save up to buy new gear and maybe travel a bit. Not to mention, not having much money or my own place means I'm work less than f**k all to any woman. Who the hell'd want to be with poor schlub who lives with his parents, and has no immediate prospects of advancement.

Worse still, I'm afraid this will all force me to abandon my dreams, and get some awful job that slowly kills me, all for the necessity of living. I don't know if I could do that. Living and working just for the sake of living and working? If that is my lot in life, I'm going to kill myself now.

I feel like such a unredeemable failure..."

Source: http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt116890.html