Saturday, January 9, 2010

I'm scared. I'm lost. And I'm trapped.

"Hi. A couple of months ago my grandpa died from cancer, and I was really close to him, and loved him a lot. A little bit before that, I was diagnosed with depression, but my parents didn't tell me. Then, under false pretenses, I had to take another long series of tests, which, again had the same result. They still didn't tell me, and I found out from my therapist, who I have to see for parents issues. The parent problems have been going on just about forever. My mom especially. She also treats me like I'm worthless, and I'm starting to think I am. She hits me, leaves bruises, scratches me, and hurts me, inside, and out. She has broken fingers, and scarred arms and faces. There are only two people I've told, two close friends. Recently it's been getting worse. She has been screaming at me about what an idiot I am, how stupid, fat, and ugly I am, and how I don't mean anything to the family. She says she wouldn't care if I was there or not. I'm starting to agree. On top of that, my grades are sinking low, to the C range, which she considers unacceptable, to say the least. Also, I have been feeling extremely down, with the depression I mentioned above. This year it has gotten really bad, fast. I have started cutting and drinking, and even doing some drugs. It makes me feel better for about 5 minutes. Then I feel like crap again. I've thought about killing myself many times, and I've even tried once or twice. I don't know what to do. I am sort of thinking maybe I should just run away from it all and kill myself. Or just run away and stay with a friend or something. I just know one thing. I can't live with this anymore. I'm scared. I'm lost. And I'm trapped. What do I do? "

Source: http://answers.psychcentral.com/Depression/what-should-i-do-29/